Small volumes of books in good condition can be donated to the many charity shops around Westminster or you could try using a site like www.readitswapit.co.uk or www.bookmooch.com where you can swap your old books for someone else’s.
There are 10 bins for books in Westminster at the following locations:
- Paddington Street , (Outside Paddington Street Gardens) W1U 4JT
- Inverness Terrace W2 6JA (by entrance to Hallfield Estate)
- Moscow Road W2 4JS (outside LEB substation)
- Warwick Avenue W9 2PT(By Tube Station)
- Marylebone Road NW1 5PT (Outside Council House)
- Marylebone Road NW1 5LS (junction with Luxborough Street)
- Aberdeen Place W9 1AE (junction with Cunningham Street)
- Acacia Road NW8 6DN (outside St John’s Wood Station)
- Wellington Place NW8 7PB (near public toilet)
- Erasmus Street SW1P 4HX (Junction with Cureton Street)
The books are collected by the charity READ International and sorted; those suitable and in good condition are distributed among schools in East Africa or sold online to raise funds, those unsaleable are recycled.
For large volumes of books please order a bulky waste collection via 020 76416180.
Also see paper