1. | Knowledge Base
  2. Items to dispose of

Sewage, sludge and interceptor waste

How to dispose of sewage, sludge, grease trap and interceptor waste

Do not dispose of liquid waste in your waste or recycling bags/bins or pour it down road side gullies and drains since it requires specialist handling. 

This waste can be collected via a licensed liquid waste collector. You can contact Thames Water , FM Conway or Veolia's liquid waste service for this type of collections.

Some types of liquid waste, such as out-of-date beverages, can be sometimes be disposed of to sewer under a 'trade effluent consent'. Please read this page for further information.