020 7641 6180
Westminster City Council

How to report something going wrong

If there has been an issue with your rubbish or recycling collection, for example you found that your recycling bin wasn’t emptied, you can easily report these to us. Whatever the situation we will help you rectify the issue sooner rather than later. So how does this work?

If you are a Westminster City Council customer, and there is an issue with your scheduled collection, you can let us know by calling on 020 7641 6180 and we will provide assistance.

Now you can also report a service issue online 24/7

Alternatively, we have improved the way of reporting any service issues online. This is an example of how we are constantly looking for ways to improve our services. From this week, you can save time and effort by reporting any service issue directly through our new portal “Report-It!”:

Step One: Simply click on this link and it will take your directly to this new feature. Or cut and paste the following into your browser: https://www.westminster.gov.uk/report-it-waste

Step Two: The screen you’ll see will look like this and it will ask you to choose which type of collection you would like to report. Please select “Commercial waste”.

missed rubbish collection

Step 3: On the next screen you will then be asked to enter your full contact details as well as information on where and when your waste was placed for collection. You will receive a confirmation email with reference number of the issue you have reported. We will do the rest.

If you are interested in other ways in which we are helping our customers improve the waste management and recycling service we offer, check out more news items in our blog