What’s with all the different coloured bins and rubbish bags in Westminster?
A quick guide to what all the different coloured bins and rubbish bags mean in Westminster
As you travel and work in and around Westminster you might have come across different coloured bins and rubbish bags and wondered what do they all mean. In this day and age when everyone is trying to limit the amount of refuse going to landfill and recycling more and more, a host of different services and collections have been created.
- Red bags, these are for for light general waste from retailers and offices
- Blue bags for recycling, they are for all your recyclable paper, cardboard, glass, cans, plastic pots, trays, tubs and bottles as well as Tetra type packs.
- Yellow cardboard stickers are dispose of your flat-packed cardboard boxes.
- Heavy duty red bags are stronger, larger bags suitable for heavy waste from hospitality businesses
- Large grey bags are used for waste compactors
To find out how much each of these costs then check here.
We have a whole range of waste bins depending on your requirements, check out our bin guide.
It is preferred to use bins over using bags for rubbish and recycling collections. Our range of bins will suit whatever requirements and whatever volumes and type of business waste you might have. Each bin will be clearly marked with the waste type that you can put in it.
Don’t forget, we can also help you to reduce the amount of waste you have. We will recycle or convert into power whatever rubbish you have left which will help improving the environment for everyone in London.
The full range of our services can be found here.
If you would like to talk to someone about your waste collection needs then contact us today here.
Or if you’d like to see how you can get started with waste collections in Westminster then download our infographic by clicking the image below.